Tuesday, April 21, 2009

R.I.P. Bambi

If you know me at all, you know I don't have the best driving record ever. My car, which was deemed the "no fear frontier" soon to be mocked by some wise guy as "the fearful frontier". I hate getting in wrecks because a) they cost money b) they cause embarrassment and abashment c) you automatically classified as careless. Which is annoying because I still feel that I'm not a bad driver, but I think that's while comparing myself to others. Like the boys at my school who do doughnuts and literally flip them upside down. It's ok, I've come to accept the ridicule and humor that comes with my record.

All of my incidents have been with inanimate objects except for one. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing. For instance, a mailbox, a fence, and another mailbox. I had just been in the worst one, with another car, it was my fault, AND my car had to be towed, when I was on the way home from my best friend's house. It was late, after twelve and I was driving down a good ol' almost-Blythewood road when BAM! a freakin deer! I was probably going 48 mph and the I hit the deer straight on with my dad's car and it goes literally...FLYING across my side of the road in the air a good 8 or 9 feet and lands on the grass on the opposite side of the road! I stopped screaming because I was so astounded at how high this huge animal was flying. When I inspected the damage there were tuffs of deer hair all in the grill of my dad's front bumper. Gross.



do i think its gross that we pulled over to take a picture with it? yes. do i find it disturbing how close tom is? yes. did a cop drive by and stop to ask us what we were doing during this whole thing? yes. do i ever drive on that road? not if i can help it.

No comments: